Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day With My Mother

I spent the afternoon with my mother yesterday. We went to her favorite place to lose money, Greentrack. Now, for those of you who do not know this establishment, it is located in a tin roof building in Greene County Alabama. And, it has lots and lots of slot machines disguised as "BINGO". Right. Whatever. There's nothing BINGO about it. And, it's not regulated so I like to say their slogan is "Greenetrack Takes Your Money" instead of the one that they advertise, "Greenetrack Pays You Money". We wondered why they were so dang busy, and oh yeah, it was Kentucky Derby Day. Everyone in Greene County was there to place a bet on a horse. Everyone. I really felt like getting a nuclear scrub-down after I left there. Yuck. But, we still had fun.

We really wanted to eat at the Cotton Patch Restaurant, which we found out was closed. Such a shame. I have many memories of eating there as a child. Steaks that melt in your mouth. Onion rings shreded so thin it's almost sinful. Watermelon rind pickles. And homemade buscuits. (sigh) oh well calories saved. Instead we went to Outback, which was good, but not quite the Cotton Patch.

All in all a great time with mother, which is rare these days with Payton in the picture. I just wanted to document it so that one day I can read this again. Mother's day is next Sunday. I love you mama. Thanks for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments From Wonderful Friends - Thanks!