Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day?!? 05-09-2010

So what is the worst phone call a mother can get? Especially on mother's day? The dreaded one. I got the dreaded phone call Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. My daughter, Ashley, was involved in a one car accident Saturday evening around 11:30 PM. There were four in her car. One of their friends was having a seizure and they were trying to get him to the hospital. The driver lost control of the car, and they ran off the road. Thank God, Thank God, Thank God she is going to be OK. But I have to say my heart stopped for a minute. It could have been so much worse. All four passengers were treated and released from UAB Hospital in Birmingham. One has a fractured back, but surprisingly they sent him home in a brace. Ashley did not have her seat belt on in the back seat (we have had a chat about that) and was thrown out of the back window of her car. Thank you, Lord for making me a mother. But next year I'd like a much milder version of mother's day please. And most of all thank you for my children. That they are alive. That is what I am thinking about the most this mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments From Wonderful Friends - Thanks!