Friday, August 6, 2010

It Is What It Is

Today I have had the headache from hell. I mean straight from hades. Not just something you can pop a couple of tylenol for. Turns out it has been sinus related -after staying in the bed from 1:00 - 9:00 PM, I am now awake. Wide awake, and feeling much better thank you. I took a Zyrtec D and wha bam! No more headache. I am resigning myself to the fact that I am going to have to take a trip to the ENT. I don't want to - I don't want to hear what they're going to say. I can hear it now - "Mrs. Murphy, you need major roto-rooter sinus surgery. All we have to do is go in and break your nose, and hose out your sinuses and you'll be good as new after you are fully recovered in 6 months. Don't worry, the bruising doesn't last but six weeks, during which time you will not be able to taste anything you eat and you'll need to drink through a straw". Um, no thank you but I might not have any choice. Bill says I'm snoring like a horse in heat (I've never actually seen a horse in heat but evidentally he has). I am not amused by the prospect of an ENT visit but (sigh) I certainly don't want another whopper headache like I"ve had today. Well, as a friend of mine says, "It is What It Is". I was also sent this hilarious video the other day by a friend of mine on facebook - it is an an actual newscast from Huntsville, Alabama. Only in the South...........enjoy!

(PS don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of the screen and pause or discontinue the music before watching)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments From Wonderful Friends - Thanks!